Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sorry I haven't been around...

I've been pretty busy this week, so I haven't been able to post much, so to make up for it, here's a nice big MP3 post with stuff I've been into this week.

First up, is the Weeds theme song by Jenny Lewis featuring her bf Jonathan Rice. I don't really follow the show, (I don't get Showtime), but their version is too cute to pass up.

MP3: Jenny Lewis Feat. Jonathan Rice - Little Boxes

Next up we have Owen. This is the name under which Mike Kinsella (of American Football, Cap'n Jazz and Joan of Arc) currently performs. I have been a fan of his other bands for a while now, but never gave his solo stuff much of a listen. This weekend I cam across this song, and I'm in love. It's all slow and acoustic and sometimes whiny, and can sounds a lot like a Dashboard Confessional, but with the clever lyrics (and Kinsella's indie cred), you won't be embarrassed if you're caught listening.

MP3: Owen - I Woke Up Today

Finally, I admit, I have a soft spot for covers. I like hearing my favorites in a different way, even if it's awful. The first cover is a cover of Architecture in Helsinki's Heart it Races by Dr. Dog. This is one case where I'm not even sure if I like the original or the cover better. There's a few more covers I found this weekend, including a decent cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart by Jose Gonzales, and a not so good Smiths cover by Nada Surf.

MP3: Dr. Dog - Heart it Races
MP3: Jose Gonzales - Love Will Tear Us Apart
MP3: Nada Surf - There is a Light That Never Goes Out

No comments: